Data Solutions Consultant
We are seeking a Data Solutions Consultant to join the XDimensional Technologies team. This individual will leverage their technical and data background to harness and deliver the power of data to our customer community. Are you up for the challenge? Then it’s time to join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Data Solutions Consultant who must be comfortable working with databases, spreadsheets, dashboards, and reporting software, and has what it takes to manage multiple assignments to completion. The Data Solutions Consultant will be responsible for analyzing business requirements, producing technical design, developing and unit-testing solutions, and providing production support for custom and base product reports. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and could maintain focus under pressure, you may be exactly what we are looking for!
As an information technologist on our implementation team, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong rapport with peers, managers, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have good communication and time management skills and strong attention to detail. Specifically, you will:
- Consult with customers to understand their data needs and identify and design solutions that will satisfy their business, technology, security, and performance requirements
- Develop new, enhance, or maintain existing custom or base product reports
- Troubleshoot data issues in various environments, produce application fixes
- Collaborate with other team members for a best practices approach for techniques, maintainability, and readability
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and processes
- Follow defined SDLC policies and procedures, including unit testing and peer code reviews
- Maintain deployment artifacts list so that solution objects can be incorporated into a release
- Ensure all code, scripts and templates are properly maintained in the source control repository
- Ensure your assigned deliverables, deadlines, and client expectations are met
- Use appropriate tracking tools to manage work assignments and status
- Stay current on industry and job-related trends and best practices, including reading relevant publications, articles, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
The successful candidate brings:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience (see technical competencies below)
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles required, such as debits and credits, general ledgers, and basic financial reports like balance sheets, income statements, etc.
- Strong understanding of Data Architecture and Design required, including ERDs, Data Dictionaries, and Data Relationships
- Experience with KPI Dashboard/Report Tools required. Preferred tools include:
- Power BI
- SQL Server Experience and Power BI experience are a plus
- Experience in the Insurance industry is a plus
- Strong familiarity with software development methodologies and tools; Experience with JIRA, TFS is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including Access, Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with peers and stakeholders
- A passion for leading with integrity and delivering results
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Location: CA, CT, or Remote US
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.